What is Power to Change?
In addition, we develop tools, strategies, and training that make it easier for Christians to grow and share their faith. This is our mission: to help people know Jesus and experience His power to change the world.
What does Power to Change believe?
What denomination does Power to Change belong to?
Why did you change your name from Campus Crusade for Christ, Canada to Power to Change?
The name “Power to Change” comes from a media and church-driven campaign that we took across Canada in the late 90’s. We believe that Jesus Christ is the power to change lives, cities, countries, and the world: the name “Power to Change” reflects our mission and vision to help people know Jesus and experience his power to change the world.
What are the ministries of Power to Change?
- Athletes in Action:Reaching people with the message of Jesus through sport.
- Christian Embassy:Inspiring political and diplomatic leaders everywhere to live and lead wholeheartedly for Jesus.
- Connecting Streams:Equipping and mobilizing the Church to reach the marginalized.
- DRIME:Helping people encounter Jesus through drama and meaningful gospel-centred conversations.
- FamilyLife:Providing help and hope to build strong marriages and families.
- LeaderImpact:Helping leaders explore the relevance of faith in their professional and personal lives.
- Power to Change – Students:Helping students discover Jesus and equipping them for a lifetime of ministry.
- The JESUS Film Church Planting Strategy:Bringing the message of God’s love through The JESUS Film, discipling new believers, training leaders and planting churches.
- The Life Project:Helping people online to know Jesus.
- WHEN:Connecting women to Jesus through meaningful relationships, authentic dialogue and powerful teamwork.
In addition, we have our humanitarian partner:
- Global Aid Network (GAiN):Demonstrating the love of God, in word and deed, to hurting and needy people around the world through relief and development projects.
How can I get involved with one of the ministries of Power to Change?
- Go on a mission trip
- Volunteer with a ministry
- Join the field staff of one of our ministries or partners
- Join our support staff
- Find a meaningful internship
Another important way you can get involved with the work of Power to Change is through a financial partnership with one of our ministries or the ministry of one of our staff. Visit our donations page to see your options for financial partnership.
What happened to previous ministries that are no longer a part of Power to Change?
Previous ministries under the Power to Change umbrella include Here’s Life, Mothers Who Care, Breakthrough Prayer, Women Today, and Oasis Retreats.
Mothers Who Care merged with Breakthrough Prayer, which then became part of Connecting Streams. Prayer resources can be found on the Connecting Streams website.
Over time, the various women’s ministries, such as Women Today, changed their focus and strategy and became the Women’s Heart-Engaging Networking (WHEN) in 2014.
Some ministries, such as Oasis Retreats, continue their important work outside of Power to Change.
Why didn’t my donation go through?
How can I make an anonymous donation?
To make an anonymous donation over the phone, please call Partner Care and speak with a Partner Care Representative. Our toll free number is 1-855-722-4483 and our hours are 7:00am – 4:30pm PST, Monday – Friday.
How can I remove a donation from my cart?
- Click the “X” to the left of the item.
- A pop up box will appear asking “Are you sure you want to delete the item ‘ _____’?”
- Click “OK”.
Note: You can access your Cart anytime using the icon in the top right corner of the screen.
I am not from Canada or the US, but I want to donate to Power to Change. How can I give?
Note: All online donations will be processed in Canadian dollars, except for online monthly donations made by US donors, which will be processed in US dollars.
How do I donate to Power to Change through an organization, church, business or foundation?
- Click “Log In” or the Profile icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down to the section that says “With an Organization?” and follow the steps to create an account.
- Sign in to the new account and proceed with the donation.
What’s the best way to cancel, increase, or decrease my monthly donations?
- Call our Partner Care team: toll-free number 1-855-722-4483, Monday – Friday, from 7:00 AM to 4:30 PM PST
- Email Partner Care at firstname.lastname@example.org
What’s the best way to update my credit card information for my monthly donations?
For security reasons, please do not send credit card information by email.
The best way to update your credit card information is to call our Partner Care team: toll free number 1-855-722-4483, Monday – Friday, from 7:00 AM to 4:30 PM PST.
Currently credit card information cannot be updated online.
I can’t find the staff member I want to support on the website. Can I still give to their ministry?
- Click the “General Donation” button on the main donations page or go to http://p2c.com/give.
- Choose your amount and either ‘One Time’ or ‘Monthly’, then click “Donate”.
- The next screen will read: “Would you like to leave a note?”. Please enter your instructions in the text box and click “Continue” (Example: “This donation is for Malcolm Reynolds”).
- Complete the donation as usual.
If you have any questions about why the staff aren’t listed or to give by phone, please call our Partner Care team: toll-free number 1-855-722-4483, Monday – Friday, from 7:00 AM to 4:30 PM PST.
What does “Skip Sign in & Continue” mean?
Why do you need five business days to process an Automatic Bank Withdrawal?
Our hard-copy Financial Partnership Form asks for at least two weeks to process Automatic Bank Withdrawals received by mail. This is to allow adequate time for the form to be delivered to us by Canada Post, and also for us to enter this information in the system before we send the donations to the bank for processing.
How can I change the email address on my online account?
You can also create a new online account using your new email address, and leave us a note to request your account to be updated. Please include your old email address on your note so we can locate your account.
Once the Partner Care Team has updated your email address on your account, you will be able to view your giving history when you log in with your new email address.
Can I change my mailing address and phone number online?
Update your name.
Update your phone number.
Update your mailing address.
Subscribe or unsubscribe to email newsletters.
See your giving history (current monthly donations and past donations).
Receive a giving statement by email or print a copy (Note: the giving statement is not an official tax receipt).
When will I receive my tax receipt?
Can I receive my tax receipt by email?
How can I receive a US tax receipt?
If you entered a US address but would like to receive a Canadian tax receipt, please leave us a note on the screen that reads “Would you like to leave a note?”.
What is the Registered Charity Number for Power to Change?
Global Aid Network: 89024 0997 RR0001
How much of my donation will go to the ministry I am supporting?
The administration fee varies according to the designation of the donation, as follows:
- Donations made in support of a ministry: 13%
- Donations made in support of the ministry of a staff member: 14%
Power to Change Ministries received an A rating in Charity Efficiency from MoneySense in their 2016 Charity Grades, which reflects our low administration costs.
Why have I been asked to provide my middle initial?
Please see the CRA website for more information or call Partner Care. Our toll free number is 1-855-722-4483, Monday – Friday, 7:00 am – 4:30 pm PST. Alternately you can email us at email@example.com
How can I subscribe or unsubscribe to your mailing list?
- Call our Partner Care Team. Our toll free number is 1-855-722-4483, Monday – Friday, 7:00 am – 4:30 pm PST.
- Email Partner Care at firstname.lastname@example.org
What is your mailing address?
Attn: Partner Care
20385 – 64th Ave
Langley, BC V2Y 1N5
Note: We have discontinued the use of our old PO Box. Please use the mailing address above.