Oct 28, 2019 | The Official Blog
We believe Jesus changes everything. The problem with a phrase like this, is that it can simply become reduced to a slogan that becomes only words. But we actually believe it! We think that Jesus changes relationships, school, work, families, mental health, politics…in other words, everything.
So every year we host a conference to pull together a diverse group of speakers, panelists, artists, workshop hosts, and exhibitors to dive into what it actually means to apply Jesus and the gospel to every aspect of our lives.
This year our theme is ‘first’. We will look at a myriad of topics and relate them back to the Bible as it presents Jesus as first in order, in importance, and in priority.
So we thought it might be fun to write out a list (in no particular order…because we already want to put Jesus first 😉 ), of reasons to come to the conference this year.
1. We are excited to have House of Worship Ministries be our main guide for leading us in musical worship throughout the Conference.
2. Our diverse lineup of speakers. We are excited to have dozens of people from all walks of life presenting to us. Some of these include Alyssa Esparaz, Tim Gonsalves, Mike Mileski, Jon Tyson, Jon Corbin, Katharine Hayhoe, John Van Sloten, John Sundara, Jen Pollock Michel and Cheryl Bear.
3. Discussion panels to answer questions, dig deeper and get practical, as we talk about topics related to putting Jesus first. Our MC’s Andy Smits and Carmen Man will be hosting panels on topics such as:
- Exploring faith: what does it mean?
- Finding a caring community
- Contextualizing the gospel
- Short term missions and its impact
4. Interacting with all of our many partners joining us at P2C PLUS. There will be lots of opportunities to interact with Seminaries, Missions Agencies, Ministries, and more.
5. Beauty for Ashes, a ministry from Rwanda, which was birthed out of the genocide in Rwanda, will be coming to the Conference to lead us in worship and share more of their story.
7. Our New Years Eve party. Join with hundreds of students partying, praising God, and more craziness.
8. 70+ workshops! Our broad range of topics will blow you away, as they get practical about how to apply the gospel to our complex lives. (Full list to be released in mid November!)
9. Exploring downtown Toronto! The Conference is held at the Sheraton Center Hotel in downtown Toronto, next to Nathan Phillips Square – it is a great place to enjoy skating, shopping, great food and all that downtown has to offer.
10. FOOOOOOOOOD! From restaurants to food trucks, to street meat being in the heart of Toronto gives us access to some of the best food in Canada. Enjoy wisely, there are only so many days in the conference.
11. The people. Absolutely the best part of the conference is you! Well hopefully you, and people like you. Making new friends, hanging out with old ones, being inspired by hundreds of young adults worshiping Jesus together. The people at the conference are by far the best part.
So whatever your reason for coming, whether it’s to grow in your faith, eat great food, or make some lasting friendships, we hope to see you in downtown Toronto from Dec 28-Dec 31st. More information and details about the conference can be found at p2cplus.com.