Date: February 16, 2024 - February 25, 2024
Application Deadline: January 7, 2024
“It’s been amazing to be here to give a lot, and also receive a lot because of the faith and obedience of the [Honduran] people to God. I want to be more obedient in my walk of faith, trust God, and surrender to him in what he asks of me.”Janelle, 2020
Why go to Honduras?
Honduras is a country that’s still developing, where economic challenges, violence, and a lack of infrastructure can prevent positive change. It’s also a place where Christians are sharing the love of Christ in practical ways.
On this short trip over reading week, you’ll get a taste of this. You’ll partner with Adventure in Missions, a small organization started by a Saskatchewan couple who saw the need for medical care in remote communities in Honduras. P2C alumni from the University of Saskatchewan are now involved in the leadership. Their dream is to bring positive social impact to Honduras through building future leaders through a bilingual English-Spanish Christian school and through community outreach to children and youth.
Come and see how Christians can bring hope and healing, even in the face of deep challenges.
What happens on the Honduras mission trip?
With your Canadian team, you’ll work with Christians in Honduras through Adventure in Missions. You’ll learn about this country and join in prayer for it’s future.
Where possible, you’ll use your gifts, skills, and interests (like medicine, education, sports, arts, sciences, or reading) to impact children and families.
In Honduras, you might:
- Assist with English and Bible learning in a bilingual Spanish–English school
- Help with hands-on projects: building, painting, cleaning, cooking, etc.
- Deliver care packages of clothing and hygiene items, offering the recipients prayer and conversation about Jesus
- Partner with local churches, learn from local pastors, and encourage local believers
- Share your story and listen to the stories of new believers and youth
- Travel with mobile medical clinics to areas with no healthcare
You’ll end the trip with a team debrief and conversations about next steps.
How will this trip deepen roots and widen horizons?
Deepen your roots as you:
- Learn about God’s love and care for the marginalized
- Depend on God for strength and energy to serve the local community
- Live on mission as a team
Widen your horizons as you:
- Learn a new culture and see God’s work in Honduras
- Experience life in a developing country and better understand the challenges people face
- Meet and learn from Christians in a different cultural context
Note on applying: To protect the privacy of your personal information, our online project application tool (the “PAT”) now uses two-factor authentication from Okta. You’ll find instructions on how to use and troubleshoot Okta when you apply.