- Undiscussed Podcast Episode: Mental Health
- A first conversation about mental health and faith. This is more of a jumping-off point than a place for lots of answers, but maybe that’s just what we need, sometimes.
- The Sanctuary Course
- This is a great course and source of resources on all sorts of questions and topics around mental health and Christianity. All P2C-Students staff went through the 8-session course offered by Sanctuary, and we recommend them for their meaningful engagement with Scripture, psychology, and experiences with mental health.
Discerning God’s Will
- Let’s Talk Podcast Episode: Decision-Making
- Veronika’s Pick: This Let’s Talk episode discusses making decisions in a God-honouring way. This podcast, from the Gospel Coalition, has other great topics too and I love learning from these three women of God!
- Discerning God’s Will study
- A resource from CRU walking through different sources of truth to look at when we are making a big decision.
- Questions for Grads
- Hannah’s Pick: This is a resource you can use to help someone process their time in university or college as they head towards graduation, and to help them prepare for their next season well.
- Journeying with Friends who are Deconstructing Discipleship Conversation
- Allison’s Pick: I talk to students about deconstruction a lot, because everyone has a friend or a few who are experiencing it. This is how I like to have those conversations – I usually ask the student to read these two articles before we meet, and then we can review and discuss together.
- Deconstruction, Reconstruction, and Justin Bieber article
- A helpful article looking at the cultural phenomenon that deconstruction has become, and how we can engage with it well.
- Let’s Deconstruct “Deconstruction” article
- An article that breaks down what we mean when we say deconstruction, and points us to a godly response of reconstructing, doubting well, and truly searching for answers.
- CRU Apologetics Overview
- George’s Pick: This resource offers a good look at the what and why of apologetics.
- P2C Apologists (and their websites)
- Trevor’s Pick: This website allows you to type in any question and it will give you a biblical answer! They have answers for thousands of questions!
- Confronting Christianity by Rebecca McLaughlin
- Allison’s Pick: In this book, Rebecca goes wider rather than deep, but is able to lay out the basic support for the Christian view in 12 difficult areas, from gender roles to sexuality to heaven & hell. As a same-sex attracted, Cambridge-educated Christian woman, she is able to speak to these issues in a caring, clear, direct way that I really appreciate.
- Christian Apologetics
- On Guard
- Trevor’s Pick: This book gives a good foundation for apologetics and addresses common apologetics questions. It provides suggested arguments and approaches in defending the Christian faith.
- The Reason for God
- Trevor’s Pick: I really like this book as it hits on the many of the top questions about God and Christianity. Keller lays out his reasoning in a compelling way. This book is suitable for Christians and skeptics alike.
- Confronting Christianity by Rebecca McLaughlin
Grief, Loss, Suffering & Lament
- In the Making Podcast Episode: Lament
- Lament can be one of the most powerful forms of worship! The lament psalms teach us that we can lament with hope.
- Lament Practices You Can Do with Your Disciple
- Jessica’s Pick: If your disciple is troubled or hurting, these are practices you can do together or on your own. Practices include writing your own lament psalm, reflecting on Bible verses, lighting a candle in prayer or song, and more.
- A Sacred Sorrow by Michael Card
- A book on lament as worship.
The Persecuted Church
Worshipping God in School and Work
- Theology of Work
- This website has some great articles about work and worship. We can worship God through all kinds of vocations!
- Every Good Endeavour by Tim Keller
- Jessica’s Pick: This book looks at questions like: What is the purpose of work? How can I find meaning and serve customers in a cutthroat, bottom-line-oriented workplace? How can I use my skills in a vocation that has meaning and purpose? Can I stay true to my values and still advance in my field? How do I make the difficult choices that must be made in the course of a successful career?
- The Healthy Practice of Setting Boundaries
- This article is an excellent summary of why boundaries are important and how they can and do fit into the framework of our faith.
- Boundaries by Henry Cloud and John Townsend
- An updated version of a well-loved classic that lays a biblical framework for setting good boundaries in all areas of life.
- Sacred Pathways
- Allison’s Pick: I love this concept and tool for identifying the particular ways we each innately connect with God. I have found my ‘pathways’ so helpful to remember in planning for and spending meaningful time with the Lord!
- Wishing I felt Closer to God
- An article explaining more about the idea of spiritual pathways. It links some good resources for exploring this more, as well.