What is the Gospel?
- The Gospel Lens Analogy
- The Gospel through Story – Bible Project video
- The Gospel through Concepts – Knowing God Personally article
- The gospel lens analogy from A Gospel Primer by Milton Vincent explains why we need to remember and communicate the gospel through both concepts and story in order to get the full picture of the beauty of the gospel. The Bible Project does a great job at showing the gospel narrative and the Knowing God Personally presentation is a great example of the gospel through concepts.
Applying the Gospel
- Biblical Themes – Bible Project video
- Systematic Themes – Bible Project playlist
- A great start to applying the gospel to everyday life is to increase gospel fluency. Gospel themes can be from the overarching story of the Bible (biblical theology themes) or from God’s character (systematic theology themes).
Assurance of Salvation
- Assurance of Salvation study
- Check out this resource from CRU, our American counterpart, about how we can know we are saved.
Doubt & Disconnection
- Feeling Distant from God
- When He Feels Far Off
- This short article helps point the reader to God, his Word and truth when God feels far away.
- A Gospel Primer by Milton Vincent
- As mentioned above, the analogy of lenses for the gospel is a helpful concept in this book, but it is one of many! This book is meant to help you preach the gospel to yourself every day.
- This four lesson guide is meant to help the truths of the gospel sink into our souls and transform us. This is a P2C made resource and P2C staff and students can get free hard copies here.
- Gospel Fluency by Jeff Vanderstelt
- Again, this book helps us preach the gospel to ourselves and others, primarily by helping us become ‘fluent’ in the ways that the gospel impacts each and every part of our lives and the way we see the world.
- Gospel Fluency 8-Week Study
- This workbook takes the concepts and ideas from the book above, and helps you apply them to areas of your life where you disbelieve God’s truth or are having trouble applying the gospel in a meaningful way.