Date: August 2, 2024 - August 12, 2024
Application Deadline: January 31, 2024
“Going on a mission trip was life-changing for me. When I was there, I was just saturated in God, knowing him and worshipping him. The gospel has changed me. It’s a privilege to be a part of what God is doing.”Mark
Why go to Benin with GAiN?
Global Aid Network (GAiN) is the humanitarian partner of Power to Change. They are all about demonstrating the gospel and God’s unconditional love as they restore lives with compassionate action.
Through their Water for Life Initiative, you will help give people access to clean drinking water. By meeting people’s physical needs, you will open up ways for living water to be shared: the life-transforming message of Jesus.
According to UNICEF, only 67.4% of people in Benin currently have access to basic drinking water. Since 2015, GAiN has provided access to clean drinking water to over one million people. In a country where population growth is outpacing the nation’s ability to provide water, GAiN is uniquely positioned to share the hope of the gospel and love of God as they provide clean water.
French is the official language of Benin. If you speak French, this is a unique opportunity to serve—you’ll be a huge asset to your team. But it’s not a requirement for participants to speak French.
What happens on the GAiN Benin mission trip?
Throughout this short 11 day trip in August, your main focus will be partnering with the Water for Life Initiative in Benin to:
- Create a new water point from start to finish. You’ll witness the drilling of a well, pump and concrete pad installation, and the well’s commissioning
- Show the JESUS film after the water point is provided
- Serve with community development programs in villages to encourage ongoing health and sanitation and to present the good news of Jesus
You might also:
- Engage with other ministries in Benin, such as DRIME, Campus pour Christ (student ministry), or local churches
- Learn firsthand from local experts and church leaders about the impact of climate change and the global water crisis
- Gain professional insights, especially if you’re interested in engineering, public health, or church planting
How will this trip deepen roots and widen horizons?
Deepen your roots as you:
- See firsthand how God is at work in a different place
- Step out of your comfort zone and trust God to equip you for ministry and life in a new context
- Live in a team with a shared mission
Widen your horizons as you:
- Engage in mission by both talking about God’s compassion and demonstrating compassionate action
- Meet Christians in a different cultural context as you interact with local GAiN staff, who partner with local churches
- Learn how creation care and climate action are related to your faith
Note on applying: To protect the privacy of your personal information, our online project application tool (the “PAT”) now uses two-factor authentication from Okta. You’ll find instructions on how to use and troubleshoot Okta when you apply.