God’s Heart for the World
- A World Vision conversation guide
- This CRU resource will help show you and your disciple God’s heart for the world and how you can be a part of it.
- Vision for the World study
- Use this resource to grow you and your disciples’s heart and vision for the world.
How to Live on Mission
- “The Five Things” video
- This video, from a CRU conference, will help you think about having a kingdom vision. Try to brainstorm a kingdom vision with your disciple. What’s a next step that you could take towards that vision? Try to think of a Biblical example of a kingdom vision.
- Three Ways to Live on Mission Everyday article
- Trevor’s Pick: This blog gives some practical suggestions on how to live on mission in everyday life. Consider replacing the work section with school if you don’t have a job right now.
What is Evangelism?
- What Does the Bible Say About Evangelism? study
- Use this resource to help your disciple grow in gaining a Biblical perspective about sharing their faith.
- Our Role in Evangelism study
- Use this resource to help your disciple see our role and God’s role in sharing your faith.
Contextualized Approaches to Mission
- Gospel Fluency video
- Trevor’s Pick: This video can help us think through how to bring the gospel into everyday life. How is the gospel relevant to a problem you are currently facing? How is the gospel relevant to a situation in one of your friend’s lives right now?
- Relational Fluency Discipleship Track
- An important part of all evangelism, but especially well-contextualized evangelism, is meaningful relationships with others. This resource will help you assess how well your disciple is able to build deep, authentic relationship, and give you some ideas for next steps for their growth in this area.
Understanding the Journey to Faith
- The Five Thresholds Model
- The Five Thresholds, sometimes called the Engagement Model, is a helpful, research-based way to think about where our non-Christian friends are in their own spiritual lives. This presentation has a lot of information, but also good practical tips and some discussions questions so that you can bring this knowledge into practice in your own relationships.
- Intro to the Five Thresholds video
- A quick video summing up the Five Thresholds model.
- Getting Biblical About Evangelism
- An in-depth resource to help you create your own Biblical philosophy of evangelism.
- Life.Shared by Alpha
- Three small group sessions to encourage and equip us to share our faith.
- How to Talk About Jesus by Sam Chan
- Allison’s Pick: I have so enjoyed the wise and practical nature of this book as I think about reaching the people in my life who don’t know Jesus yet.
- Gospel Fluency 8-Week Handbook
- The better we know the gospel, the more we can speak it into the lives of those around us in compelling ways.
- InterVarsity Christian Fellowship’s Five Thresholds Toolkit
- InterVarsity Christian Fellowship, another student ministry, has developed all sorts of great resources around the Five Thresholds model. You can find them all at this link!
- I Once Was Lost by Don Everts and Doug Schaupp
- This is the book the Five Thresholds model comes from. The authors did a great deal of qualitative research and wrote this book about what they learned, including the stories of some of those they talked with. A great way to gain a deeper understanding of the journey to faith.