Applications for the 2022-2023 school year are now closed. Watch this page in the fall for updates about plans to offer the scholarship again next year.
Other Connection Opportunities
Curious about connecting with Christian community in your postsecondary studies?
You can find your campus and then start following them on Instagram & FB and even reach out to a leader there. Even if you are not yet confirmed where you are headed, you fill out the brief form to guide us in helping you.
We are on the journey with you!
P2C is pleased to announce that the P2C-S NEXT Steps Scholarship is available across Canada in 2022.
Power to Change – Students (P2C-S) is committed to helping students take their next steps towards Jesus, in part by fostering environments that help people explore the connection between their studies and their spirituality. This scholarship is designed to encourage a healthy transition to post-secondary, both by offering funds and by facilitating connections to faith communities on campus.
There are 43 scholarships available, totalling up to $32,000. The largest scholarship available is $5000, which is open to any applicant beginning their studies at a publicly funded post-secondary institution in Canada in the fall of 2022. There will be twelve $1000 scholarships and thirty $500 scholarships. The scholarship application is also available in French.
This year, these scholarships are available to residents of Canada who will be enrolling in a publicly funded post-secondary institution in Canada. A resident of Canada for the purposes of this scholarship is someone living in Canada during the time of application. Applicants must be planning to enter into their first year of an undergraduate program at a publicly funded post-secondary institution in Canada in September 2022 and study full time through April 2023. Only complete applications will be considered. Children of employees at Power to Change (the parent organization of Power to Change – Students) are ineligible.
Students applying to CEGÉP are only eligible to be potentially awarded a $500 scholarship.
To apply, please follow the application instructions below. The application itself consists of five short-answer questions as well as your contact information. You will also use a form to have a brief reference questionnaire sent to a peer and spiritual leader or mentor of your choosing. The form can be saved until you are ready to submit it. In general, an application takes 30 minutes to complete.
Applications will be evaluated in two categories: the applicant’s willingness to engage (1) in leadership and initiative and (2) in an exploration of the Christian faith, and how it might relate to their future studies. References will be used to substantiate the applicants.
Applications open March 1, 2022. Applications will close at 11:59 p.m. Eastern on Tuesday, May 10, 2022. P2C-S will be contacting all applicants to confirm enrollment plans at the end of May 2022. Winners will be announced by June 6, 2022. Proof of enrollment for first semester will be requested. Funds will be distributed by cheque, mailed out to winners in the fall of 2022.
This scholarship can be deferred for one school year in special or extenuating circumstances.
Power to Change (the parent organization of Power to Change – Students) was founded in 1967; Power to Change – Students is an organization helping students take their next steps towards Jesus. We operate from coast to coast in Canada—you can learn more about P2C-S or find different ways to get connected with P2C-S.
- Do I have to be a Christian to win this scholarship?
- P2C-S is committed to helping people take their next step towards Jesus, but it is not necessary for applicants to self-identify as a Christian to apply in order to win one of these scholarships. However, on the application, you will be asked questions about how you are seeking to explore faith through your studies, and preference will be given to those who show a willingness to explore the Christian faith.
- What if I don’t know which school I’ll be attending?
- If you haven’t yet confirmed your plans, simply indicate the school you hope to go to.
- What if I don’t have a spiritual leader reference?
- If you do not know a leader in a faith community, please leave us a note about your situation in your application. Preference will be given to applicants with two completed references.
- Do I have to join a P2C-S community if I win the scholarship?
- No, though we do hope that all applicants will continue to take their next steps towards Jesus in some form of Christian community. Current or future involvement with P2C-S specifically has nothing to do with the eligibility or the selection of scholarship winners.
- What if I choose to defer my start date to January 2023 or Fall 2023?
- P2C-Students will prioritize applicants enrolling for September 2022, but will not be limited by that if there are situations of deferral.
- Why is P2C-S offering this scholarship?
- P2C-S is committed to helping students take their next steps towards Jesus. As students transition to post-secondary, P2C-S wants to encourage them in their studies and foster an environment that helps people explore faith through their academic pursuits. This scholarship is intended to be a part of that encouragement: the program offers practical help both by making funds available, and by creating connections to local faith communities.
- Who funds these scholarships?
- A variety of individuals and foundations are eager to support the work of Power to Change and to support students across Canada in their education and spiritual journeys during their time at college and university.
- One such foundation is in memory of Renee Dueck, who had a passion to mobilize people into mission to see truth proclaimed through the arts.
- If you would like to support this work, please contact email@example.com
Not interested in the scholarship, but still curious about connecting with Christian community in your postsecondary studies?
Who else can benefit from knowing about this scholarship? Here is the NEXT Steps Scholarship Graphics and Promo content.